• GFTI (The Gospel Fellowship Trust of India) is registered Society (Regd. Society No. 183/1968) that aims to generate prayer and financial support to Evangelists who are separated themselves for full time ministry in India.
• GFTI had a small beginning at Mumbai … in October 1953. It was the result of a felt burden for the need of an organ disseminating the news and needs of the Assembly work in India – Gospel Steward, and for a channel to pass help to servants of God – Gospel Steward Trust Funds. Mr. Justus Samuel and Mr. Ben P Thomas were instrumental along with Mr. Gordon Ritchie and Mr. T. G. Samuel in commencing the activities of GFTI.
•It acts as a channel to pass on the free will contributions from the Brethren Assembly members, to the workers who enjoy commendation of their local assemblies. This is a faith ministry. We do not know from where the funds would come; but the Lord Jesus in whom we have put our trust would honor the faith and commitment that the workers have shown in serving for Him by encouraging His people to support them.
• Currently, the activities are based out of Chennai, the 4th largest city in India.
The specific objectives of the ministry of GFTI are:
• To encourage the propagation of Christian tenets as revealed in the Bible as it can lead to great blessings in the lives of individuals.
• To act as a channel to pass on voluntary contributions from the brethren / Brethren Assemblies to Lord’s servants (Evangelists-enjoying current commendation of their local Assemblies). Fund Disbursements to identified commended Evangelists in India forms a major activity of the Society. We receive funds from donors and disburse them to the Evangelists who are in our list.
• To support Bible studies and encourage Biblical education, organize special Bible based conferences, etc.
• To assist people in extreme needs – widows, the poor, parents in difficulty to educate children, the sick and those in distress through natural calamities irrespective of caste, creed, religion.
We maintain transparency in all dealings: audited accounts are published every year and all India Govt. regulations are complied with.
GFTI Board Members
1. Mr. Koshy Zachariah, B.Com, ICMA (Lond), ACMA. (Chairman)
2. Mr. George C.Lazar, FIE, (Vice Chairman)
3. Mr. Selvin Albert Holmes,M.A, MBA, B.L (Secretary)
4. Mr. Reji Jacob, B.Sc, DBM. (Jt. Secretary)
5. Mr. Shaji Varkey Philip, B.Com. (Treasurer)
6. Mr. George John, B.Tech, MBA.
7. Mr. James O.T., B.E.
8. Mr. Manickavasakam R., B.Sc., CAIIB.
9. Dr. Nambudripad K.A., B.Sc, MBBS.
10. Mr. Roy Samuel., B.E, M.A.Sc.