Fund Disbursements to identified commended Evangelists in India forms a major activity of the Society. We receive funds from donors and disburse them to the Evangelists in our list. We maintain transparency in all dealings: audited accounts are published every year and all India Govt. regulations are complied with.
The need for fund disbursement
The present sustenance needs for those who do spiritual work among the Brethren assemblies in India is huge even assuming a base level of Rs.1 lakh per family. These men are unlikely to have any regular source of income. Sad to say it is a struggle for many to fulfill their medical needs, pay for children’s education, supporting the needy in the congregations they belong to, securing funds for spiritual materials and books, conveyance etc.
GFTI is an effective channel to reach out and show our concern impartially to these Evangelists across India.
In fact Govt. of India permits activities even from overseas funds pertaining to:
- Education of priests and preachers; (dissemination of the message of good will etc., from their holy books).
- Publication and distribution of religious books/ literature.
- Maintenance of priests / preachers / other religious functionaries
- Welfare of the orphans and the aged
- Relief/Rehabilitation of victims of natural calamities
- Help to the victims of riots/other disturbances
Summary of disbursements
GFTI has filed all the necessary returns to the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India. The statement of Accounts with regard to Foreign Currency, duly audited is furnished below.